There are many terms being used in relation to predictions. However It might not be clear what they mean. I found a number of explanations in the English dictionary which I describe below.
Prophecy, sometimes spelled Prophesy, Prophecies:
- An inspired utterance of a prophet, viewed, as a revelation of divine will.
- A prediction of the future, made under divine inspiration.
- Such an inspired message or prediction transmitted orally or in writing.
- The vocation or condition of a prophet.
- A prediction.
- A mental image produced by the imagination.
- The mystical experience of seeing as if with the eyes the supernatural or a supernatural being.
- A person who speaks by divine inspiration or as the interpreter through whom the will of a god is expressed.
- A person gifted with profound moral insight and exceptional powers of expression.
- A predictor; a soothsayer.
- The chief spokesperson of a movement or cause.
- Prophets (used with a sing. or pl. verb) The second of the three divisions of the Hebrew Scriptures, comprising the books of Joshua, Judges, Samuel, Kings, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, and the Twelve. Used with the.
- Prophet One of the prophets mentioned in the Bible, especially one believed to be the author of one of these books. Used with the.
- Prophet Islam. Muhammad. Used with the.
- A clairvoyant.
- A prophet.
In the rest of this document I will use the above terms interchangeably. A seer is a prophet and a vision is a prophecy. When mentioning a vision or prophecy, I am referring to a prediction of the future. When using the word seer or prophet, I am referring to a person that receives predictions of the future.